FORGERY KEDAH TIN COCKERELS..FOLLOW UPS..

Photos That Speak A Thousand Words
On 14th October 2015, I published a post on my BlogSpot about the forgery Kedah Tin Cockerel.
"FORGERY KEDAH TIN COCKEREL & TERENGGANU TIN MONEY TREE ARE MORE RAMPANT"

Read more: http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.my/2015/10/forgery-kedah-tin-cockerel-terengganu.html#ixzz43jX0Y4GA

In the Singapore Collectibles Auction Asia Coins & Banknotes Auction 6/2015 which was held on 3rd of October 2015 at Singapore, I had decided to withdrew two lots of the Malay Archipelago Money, there were Lot :142 & Lot:143, the Kedah Tin Cockerel Primitive Money (18th century), the Tin Cockerel perched on 4 rings (Reserved Price S$800) and 6 rings (Reserved Price S$900) respectively.
Read more: http://dniewcollectors.blogspot.my/2015/10/forgery-kedah-tin-cockerel-terengganu.html#ixzz43jWbgT00

Soaked Into Shellac Spirit On 30th October 2015
Checked On 5th November 2015. It Peeled Slightly.
I was suggested by Mr. Alam Tunggal NurPutih to sock the suspicious items with olive oil for a few days. Then he told me to use a brush to clean the items. If the items are forgery, the outer layer will be soften and can be removed easily. The inner part is a skeleton of a cockerel that was made of lead. The outer layer is likely to be coated with fine sand.
Checked On 5th March 2016.

Later, I was briefed again by Mr. Alam Tunggal NurPutih that he found out that the caveat emptors are using the 3 seconds quick dry super glue applied on the skeleton of the cockerel perched with rings that was made of lead then rolled against the dry powder of river mud.

I was offered by the consignor to do the experiment. The suspicious items were delivered  to my Dickson Niew Collection shop.

 Now, the results.....










Peeling Off Like Dandruff...



Stink...Stench...Pungent....Smell.............



The TRUTH...prevail.....

0 comments:

Post a Comment