IN MEMORIAM TUAN ISHAR ABDUL LATIFF

 In Memoriam Sifu Ishar Abdul Latiff
On 21st January,2014 we lost another dear friend and Malaysia famous numismatist, Tuan Ishar Abdul Latiff who has departed. Members and Committee Members of Malaysia Numismatic Society (MNS) will be in great sadden to hear his death.

Tuan Ishar Abdul Latiff was actively involved in MNS society since early 1970's. He became professional numismatist by collecting Malay States Sultanate coins. To my knowledge, he was a committee member of MNS. He also involved in the translation of Jawi for Malay States Sultanate coins in the Book;"THE ENCYCLOPAEDIA OF THE COINS OF MALAYSIA, SINGAPORE AND BRUNEI 1400-1967."
by Master Saran Singh.AMN, PNM,FRNS. 

The news came to me at 12.30 noon when Tuan Haji was in my Dickson Niew Collection shop at Subang Jaya, he received a call  from King Miharbi telling him about Tuan Ishar Abdul Latiff past away. We were shocked and Tuan Haji Rani rushed home to double confirmed the news he just received.

Ten minutes late, I received a call from Mr.Lawrence, the secretary of Malaysia Numismatic Society  confirmed to me the shocking news. Instantly, I closed my shop and rushed to attend the funeral procession in his home at Taman Sungai Kantan, Kajang. Among present at the funeral that I met were Sifu Haji Rani, Sifu Adnan Bin Abdul Majid,Edy Othman,Selvam and many others.

Our deepest and sincere condolence to his wife and family for their loss which is deeply felt by us all.

1 comments:

  1. Salam 1Numismatik

    kepada Sifu Dniew & rakan-rakan kolektor

    @$me68PG. mengucapkan TAKZIAH kepada keluarga Tuan ISHAR ABD. LATIFF

    ReplyDelete